Hello everyone, I’m back again with a mini update.
For a hot minute there I felt the need to meet someone and start a relationship, so I signed up for a few dating apps. I took me about two weeks to realize that they’re stupid. All of them, utterly stupid and probably horrible for us.
After swiping, and commenting, and slogging through the myriad of eligible women I decided that when I meet someone I want it to be organic. I don’t want to perpetuate our instant gratification, consumer culture, detached online friendship/communication society through these apps.
So, here is my plan. It’s quite simple, but I like how it sounds.
- I’m going to keep working on myself and move towards truly letting go of the little emotional scars that are still hanging around.
- I’m going to continue to work on being introspective and fixing/accepting the remaining unhealthy parts of me.
- I’m will put effort into doing the things I like to do with the people I love to be around.
- I will welcome opportunities to expand my circle and challenge myself.
- When someone comes into my life who intrigues me I will pull them closer into my circle and spend more time with them. If something comes from that I won’t push it away.
This is my rough outline for happiness and success. Wish me luck!
Before I forget, take a look at this article. I think it’s kind of great!